Thursday, February 4, 2010

February 4, 2010

Hi class,

I hope you all have a productive weekend getting your final Descriptive Essays ready. Remember, please attach your workshopping to your final copy when you turn it in. If you missed class, please have someone outside of class look it over for you and mark on it and attach that, at least.

I handed out the sheet of editing marks that I use when I grade your papers: I'll leave some in my box in Rm 313.


Rubric for 090 Descriptive Essay
10 Possible Points:

(2) Conventions:
Essay formatting---1
Grammar, punctuation, spelling---1

(3) Process:

Process/prewriting shown ---1

Essay strengthened through revision---1

Effort and improvement---1

(3) Idea Development:

Unique ideas presented---1

Ideas explored---1

Writer reaches interesting conclusion---1

(2) Style

Use of detail to enhance idea---1

Strong nouns, use of senses, attention to words---1


Total: 10


Journal Prompt #6: A Concert

Think of a concert you've been to. It could be a rock concert, an opera, symphony, country concert, folk fest, hoe-down, wedding band, etc. Bring the scene alive: where are you, who else is there, smells, sights, sounds, etc. I want you to also spend time trying to describe the music...we're focusing on describing sounds, here. Write for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment