Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Me and You" by Christina Tran

When you left me,
You left a hole in my heart

It remained there
As if it was a permanent scar
that will never heal.

The love and affection for you came pouring
As tears ran down my cheeks.

You were like my best friend
My second mom
From feeding me to changing me
Taking care of everything while everyone worked

Even though you didn’t say a word,
The burden you bore dulled the light in your eyes

I appreciate everything you’ve done for me
With your presence, I truly sensed a special little girl inside me

When you wore that beautiful wedding dress,
My heart filled up with joy for you

When I found out they treated you like nothing,
My heart burned with anger

Receiving that phone call on August 9th, 2004
Broke my heart into tiny pieces

Why?
Such a wonderful person
But you left this world so young
We never even had our last moment together

Though only your spirits wander with me now,
I reminisce about the past,
As each part of our memories
Run across my mind.


When reality snaps in
I shed a tear
Realizing you’re in another place.

I regret so many things
Especially the chance to say
I love you
I never said it often but I know I do
You’re my aunt and you always will be
No one can replace the kind of relationship we had

I’ve always prayed for you
And I always will

May you rest in peace
And know that
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment