Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"Nightmare" by Quentin Rice

There’s this dream I had when I was 12 or 13 years old that was really scary at the time. It’s not a reoccurring dream or anything. I only had this dream once and I still remember it to this day and I’m 28 years old now. In this dream I’m in this long corridor that just goes straight for as long as the eye can see. There are windows in this dark infinitely stretching hallway with moonlight shining through them. The floor is wooden and creeks with every step. Apparently I am being chased or followed by some sort of goblin or monster. I guess I’m being chased because I am completely horrified by what’s following me. I am just running the only direction I can run which is straight ahead in this never ending hallway looking for a place to hide. With no turns or rooms or doors to go in I continue to run forward full of fear.

This goblin thing chasing me down the hallway appears to be green I think. I’m not totally sure because I haven’t gotten close enough to see it. I just know I feel threatened by this thing. As the creature approaches closer I become more afraid hearing its rushed breathing and quick steps on the old wooden floor becoming ever so closer to me. In desperation with no place to hide I see a rug on the floor directly in front of me. I lie underneath it and hide right in the middle of the hallway and become this shaking mass on the floor. Good hiding place right? Yeah, I thought it was curtains for me. Trembling under this rug I can hear the goblin approaching closer and closer and closer and then. It steps right over me and continues to walk down this never ending corridor. Wow that actually worked? Was this thing even chasing me or what? Dreams are so strange you know. That’s all I remember man.

No comments:

Post a Comment