Monday, September 13, 2010

"My Quiet Place" by Eva Williams

Every morning, after I wake up and thank God for it, I go out to my stairwell to look at the beauty of the day. I live on the third floor and have a glorious view.
As I lean over the rail, to the left I see the mountains. Some mornings, they are quite clear. On others, there is a fog that makes them look as though they are covered with snow.

Right in front of me, there is the golf course, all green and bright. There may be geese resting in the shade or ducks swimming in the lake. If you know what you are looking at, you can see the fish swimming towards the top of the water. Every now and then, I may catch one or two of them jumping out of the water.

There are actually golfers out at this time in the morning. I can see them shoot their first hole. The ninth hole is right there in front of me! It is a shot that goes right over the lake. I can see and watch ball after ball go right in the lake. It’s a good laugh!

To the right, depending on how early I get up, I can watch the sun rise. It’s a heartfelt sight. To see all of the glory that God has created, everyday! I can sit and just look. I can pray in this spot. It’s quiet and peaceful at this time.
Welcome to my quiet place!

No comments:

Post a Comment