Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Park Bench" by Joshua Martinez

As I’m sitting here on this park bench, I take in the view. It’s around seven thirty, and the sun is fading/falling behind the mountains. I can feel the air around me getting cooler, as if the warmth followed the light behind the mountains. As a cool breeze hit my face, I looked up to the heavens to see the beautiful pink and purple sky. I look further west to see a blanket of black clouds hovering over the mountains. As the night is approaching, twilight is trying to find some balance between sunset and darkness. My senses were heightened by sounds of a fox scurrying around for food. I look further to see that a lot of nocturnal creatures are emerging from the surrounding. As night arrives, I sit here on this park bench, under a lamppost, looking at the lake. I can see the brilliant colors of light reflecting off the water. If I listen, I can hear the waves from the lake lapping against the shore. In the distance, I can hear the wind blowing the trees around. The night holds such an ominous beauty sometimes you have to listen to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment