Monday, April 19, 2010

"Little Person" by Morgan Speichinger

Today I was sitting on the light on my way to the mall. I wasn’t really planning on doing my assignment on the light rail however this person really inspired me to write about him. The way he moved, talked, acted and showed the rest of the world how he felt. How he does things in this world absolutely equal to the rest of us.

This person in politically correct terms is called a little person. He is a white male about 4 feet 5 inches. He was very small; he had two bags with him, one briefcase and one backpack. I would imagine in his back pack he had things such as work out clothes tennis shoes and a sweat towel. He looked relatively in shape for his stature. I knew he had a brand new MAC laptop in his brief case because he started working on it. In his right had he hand his walking stick that looked like a cane a blind person would use. He used it a lot to get up on the bench and on the train itself. I can tell this man in very independent because he wouldn’t let anyone help him. He had a ring on his finger so I would assume he was married, he seemed like a good family man. He had a nice white and black suit on with black shined shoes and black socks. He seemed like he makes a lot of good money. His watch was a Rolex and it wasn’t flashy, it was more just for the time. I would image he is some sort of business man, maybe In business management. Maybe he is even a CEO of a large company.

I can tell this man has come to agreements with him self and his life and he is going to live with the fact he will never be above 5 foot. I respect him for this life style he is going through. He doesn’t show of his fortune and he wants to be treated like everyone else. He is a very brave man who likes his life the way it is. By the way he was sitting on the train, I could tell if someone went up to him and asked “would you grow taller?” this man would indeed say no. I don’t believe this man gets upset or hurt when anyone looks at him for a longer period of time, or even when little kids ask him what is wrong with him. He thinks he is perfect in his own way. I think some times when he sits on things such as the light rail he does think of what his life would be like in our shoes, a full grown person with regular life’s. It seemed to me at least he was thinking of something of that nature while sitting there. However I still don’t think he would change it for anything in the world. When you spend 40 maybe 50 years in the life style like this, you learn to deal with the everyday issues and obstacles. I think we take our life for granted us full grown people, when clearly there are people out there doing better then us and they are only 4 feet tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment