Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"The Critical Monster in my Life" by Kathy Griffin

The critical monster in my life; Wow that is a hurting statement for me, because
I will never forget the pain it brought to me. It has been hard to get past the words or the way this person would punish me for what I felt was good for me. Well, let me start from the beginning I attended a catholic school and I never had friends in my age. The kids in my classes were not nice at all . I guess you could say they were cruel all the way around. Nevertheless the teacher was the lead monster for me! These were two things I recall taking a toll on me, you ask how:
Let me explain how the students and my teacher punished me day in and out.

First, I would like to share with you the terror they put me through during
my preschool year. I truly felt that they were taunting me with their words or objects, like sticks, or by pulling my hair on a regular basis. I began to play the sick roll on school days, because of all the terrible things that my classmates would put me through; Like taunting me by hitting, throwing small objects, pulling my hair or just making up things I did not do. They would always tell Sister Katherine, and I felt she was the meanest person I have ever met. No matter what it was in learning and on my work I would receive a good mark. She
would find something wrong with it. Her main thing in a day was to make me feel belittled, whether if I did a good deed by making sure they was a attended to as quickly as possible. Sister Katherine would blame me for anyone who got hurt like I just walked up to them and pushed The little monsters. The children would fall and hurt themselves and make it seem as if I did it, and that’s when I would find myself in time out and also thwack with her ruler several
times before naptime.

This brings me back to the coveys’ in the beginning when I thought my teacher
(Sister Katherine) was the ring leader of all my time in preschool. Even if my class mates caused me misery and my teacher never made it any easier for me either. Whatever went wrong during the day when I was at school I was the corporate of the whole incident. I ofte asked her;” Why do treat me like you do not like me?” Her response was always; “I do not like your presences’ here at the school of your parents choice, also the kids here are jealous of you in a lot of ways.” I always told her I was sorry, but now that I ponder on it why did I feel so bad for
what other people were going through? Thinking back on those days makes me feel real weak, but I guess it is all in growing up and learning about life. Now that I look back on my younger days, it is actually a little funny but it is a part of my early life that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment