Thursday, July 29, 2010

"A Mother's Thought" by Mariam Martin

Taking care of a child is not at all an easy task. It can actually be very difficult. I sometimes watch talk shows like Tyra Banks and Maury and wonder why the hell some teenage girls are adamant about having a baby. I’ve seen such episodes of girls as young as twelve whose whole lives depend upon having a baby and it just kills me. think about it, the world can be an ugly place and if you have no children can you imagine your whole life changing and having to worry about another life? Having to worry about what path your child may take in life? Hoping and praying for the best.

But none the less, not knowing. It’s not simple. At the end of the nine months it’s a proven fact that giving birth is a blessing and can sometimes be a curse I speak from personal experience. I am a mother of a two year old boy and after giving birth to my son my life ended as I knew it. If you do not have anyone to help you, nor guide you on your road to becoming a responsible parent, it all comes down to you making wise decisions. Being a young parent can get very depressing at certain points. From not knowing where you may go or where the next meal will come from, having to buy numerous items to make sure your baby is well cared for, being so young and naive that you may not even be able to get a job in order to provide. It can be this hectic. Most of these young women want the child but where are the fathers? How often is the feeling mutual?

Although these are obstacles that can be overcome, why not avoid putting themselves or their unborn child through these struggles? For instance, by waiting until their married, practicing safe sex, finishing school, getting a career for themselves that will help induce financial stability. Just simply by having morals and goals for themselves. I have no regrets and I love my son dearly but if I were to live life over again I would have waited a little longer. All I’m saying is for young ladies that have such a passion and desire for having a child without the knowledge of what comes with the responsibility, is to second guess their decisions. To think twice about what it is they really want whether its love or something else they yearn for. My advice would be to search for it elsewhere. Those are my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment