Thursday, July 29, 2010

"My Special Place" by Jacqueline Mukandekezi

Everyone has a special place to go when days are getting cold. It is a place where you go when you are homesick or you are missing someone. A place you are alone surrounded by nothing but nature and listening to the wind as it blow in your ears like a whisper. Maybe the place reminds you of something or someone, you sit there and remember the ancient time and dream for the next day. Crescent Park is my special place. When I am there, I empty my mind and hear the fresh air as I remember the past and make new plans.

The Park has a hill that makes it so beautiful. When you reach the top of it, you have climbed the Kilimanjaro Mt, and it is as if you are standing on top of the world because the way you see the city. In addition, there is a gargantuan rock. I think it was brought here by a thunderstorm from another planet. In addition, as I sit there I can count the buildings of the city. I can see the beauty of west Colorado; it is so clear. In winter, it is white as an angel’s cloth. In other seasons, it looks like the world ends there. In the morning, fog covers the mountains as if it has were tacked to the sky. As I turn around to the east and south side, it looks so peaceful like a land with no sin, because of the beautiful luxurious homes of Lowry.

As I turn and look around from the top of that little hill, I can see down as if the park used to be a pool. Children are running and chasing each other from side to side, they seem to be happy. On the north side of the park, the BBQ’s place is nice and neat with tables in shades .They have drinking water from sinks across the BBQs. In summer, people wake up to set up the tables when birds began to sing. As I get closer to the play place, children are lovely to watch as they play and throw sand to each other as others take turns on the swing and slides. Their parents are getting to know each other, and those who already know each other are having a little chat about their kids.

There are many movements around here. On the east side, I can see dog owners training them; it also looks like a gym. For example, there are two couples doing push-ups and others are jumping rope. People are running and others on their bikes. It is also a sport field because the children are playing many different sports against their parents, soccer, football and more. However, some have forgotten it is a park. There are people who are taking a nap. It looks like they are at the seashore. There is group of people who are reading books and they seem to enjoy it more than more library.

As I stand on this little hill, I can see a little village everywhere I look. In addition, the reason I call it my special place is because there I see things I have not seen in days, and to see all this things reminds me of home. It is amazing because all these people are doing different things and how you study the city from both sides, it seems too busy, like one shop in a village.

No comments:

Post a Comment