Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Sushi Yum Yum" by Nick Romero

Many say sushi is for the brave, the fish lover, the advanced palette. It must be eaten with an open mind. Also, it depends on the place; some places make or break ones whole idea on sushi. I recently visited Sushi Sasa for my monthly craving of raw fish.

I have heard great things about the place, so I thought I would give it a try. It is a bit hard to locate. It sits on the corner of 15th and Platte, a place less visited by myself. The place is accompanied by a strip of other stores and restaurants. It fits in with everything when I give it a second look-over.

There is a nice feel to the place. It is contemporary, but very relaxed at the same time. It doesn’t smell of raw fish. The hostess, servers, and sushi chefs are all well kept and very pleasant. The area where I was seated was not too crammed but some seats looked as if they could be. The service was nice and timely. The server was quick with the refills of water, wine and any other request I had. He brought out the food as soon as it was ready.

The sushi itself was tasteful. The whole plate was very colorful and eye pleasing. The fish smelled fresh and the ingredients that accented the fish did as well. Every roll was tight as if rolled by a machine. Each roll had a burst of its own individual flavors. The salmon was the perfect temperature, the avocado was delicious, the shrimp tempura rolls had just the right crunch, the strawberry and eel combination was my favorite, even the basic California roll was a notch up from my previous en-counters.

Sushi Sasa is a place I would go again. It is not too pricy for the going rate of imported fish. The array of beers is a nice compliment to an already tasty main course. Their ideas are original and their roll selection is innovative. The ambiance and service is an overall delight. Sushi Sasa should be every sushi virgins . . . . first.

No comments:

Post a Comment