Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"Challenges in New Life" by ThuHoa Nguyen

Challenge is hard thing to face with in life. No one can avoid it or you will see it once in life. My big challenges began when I came to the America. This event changed my life such as language, school, friendship, etc. To me, this event was new life. I was sad and cried when I have trouble. From these troubles, I had more experiences than before and made me more confident to face with another challenge.

When I came to U.S.A., in my mind, I thought a lot of plans for new life. First, I would learn English. Second, I would graduate high school and looking for job. I never thought that I would go to college because of English. These plans sounded really easy but it was not to reach. English was not easy to learn because it had a lot of words and grammars. My story began when I said to my mom I would gave up. Then, my mom advised, “You do not try how you know you can’t do it?”
I said, “Mom, English is not easy to me because I am not good in leaning a new language.”

Mom said: “You came to America; English is an essential for you.”

Mom continued: “If you don’t know English, you will be as a silent person.”

Finally, I told my mom: “I understood mom, you are right, I will try my best.”
After two hours, I obeyed my mom and went to school. My aunt and mom took me to school and registered for class. I felt worried because it was also my first day of school. Then, I went to class, the counselor registered for me in ESL classes. I looked around realized that everyone came from different countries and right now I felt relief because I was not different from another. Then, the teacher was nice to me and talked slowly. She asked me, “Where are you from?”

I answered: “I am from Vietnam.”

The teacher asked, “Did you learn English from Vietnam?”

I said “No.”

She asked me with some simple questions, that I realized that she wanted to check how my English. Then, she gave me a book and told me to go home and look at it. Sometimes, she acted by hand to make me understand what she was talking. Right now, I felt comfortable and not stressed anymore. I suddenly remembered to my mom’s words to me, I felt it was right. It would not be a big challenge if you thought it was. I felt I was lucky because everything came to me luckily.

I never thought that I would go to college. My plan was I graduated from high school and looked for job. In my senior year, I knew the program about financial aid and I applied for it. At the end of my senior year, I had result that they approved to pay fees for me if I go to college. I was happy because my family would not worry about my study fees. In my mind, I planned my major. Right now, I still do not believe that I go to college. Coming to America, I changed to a new person and learned how to face with trouble. I was not a kid anymore. Life makes me become a responsibility person. I realized that family is major element to make me stand up and passed every challenge. I still remember all words my mom said to me. It will not be hard if you try it. It’s true.

No comments:

Post a Comment