Monday, November 29, 2010

"A Friendly Companion" by Marcos Garsia

On the bed of my room lays a happy dog, a gift that was given to me on my birthday from a close friend. A big furry dog, wearing multiple colors on his magnificent coat, with a big white spot on his chest that makes him look very elegant. The feel of his furry coat feels like a stuff animal, soft, warm, and makes you want to hug it. The smell of his breath lingering around my room, a musty smell, a fishy smell that you despise and never want to be around it. The smell is so bad but yet so good. The fact that every day you come home you know he’s there waiting for you and it makes it all worth it just to see him there wagging his tail to greet you. The happy cries of joy whenever his friend comes home as if he hasn’t seen you for years and greets you with a lick and a occasional trick that involves him lifting his paw and trying to give me a high five, as if to say finally your home. Then the sad cries of sadness whenever I leave, as if I was going to leave him and never come back, the low pitch cries I would hear as far away as a block from where I take the light rail to school. The sad sound of a dog pouring out his heart out for his friend, the protective companion that will always be by your side and never turn against you. The angry, scary dog that gives out warning growls to alert the person, follow by an angry to the unfortunate person that gets close to my room. The carnivore dog that eats like a lion. Every bowl of food that lays there would be demolished by him. The way he eats with a passion as if he’s eating his last meal. The way he licks his nose and lips to get all that yummy taste in his mouth. The taste of ground beef makes him happy and gives him energy for the rest of the day. A cherished gift from a good friend. This amazing companion that always greets me whenever I get home. No matter what mood I come in he will make me smile. He’s the best friend that you cannot replace, and a friend that you could always trust and never worry about him talking back or hurt you. I will always treasure him.

No comments:

Post a Comment