Monday, November 29, 2010

"Promises" by Racheal Seifert

What is a promise? How many times have you heard that in your life time? All I have to say is that word can go far with people and I’m one of them that take that word to heart.

I have had many promises broken. Thankfully I have had only two heart break associate with them. Because honestly someone you don’t know can come up to you and promise you anything in the world. And all you think is “yeah… right dumb ass like am going to believe you.” But if it’s from someone you truly care about and you have given your heart to, it hurts. It can feel like the whole world is coming down on you when it really isn’t. This can go for friends and family as well. Take my best friend in the whole world. Natilie, if she ever had a problem I would be right by her side in a moment just like she would be if it was me. As a best friend or a girlfriend or a daughter or a sister I gave my oath to be there even if I didn’t agree in the situation. There are times that I could totally be mad at one of my siblings but lord knows if something ever went wrong, I would be by their side in a heartbeat. The reasoning for that is because that’s my job as a sister and a true sister has to promise to always be there.

You also can bring new hopes to people’s life when you say a word like promise. You can say “I promise to make it up to you.” And you never do, this can stick with people especially parents that do it to kids. I have seen it done several times and all I can think is, that kid will never forget when his dad isn’t there for his baseball game because he is too busy with his new girlfriend. Or how about when people say “I will be there forever I promise.” Boys are the king of that especially when their just looking for what’s in your pants. I think you can say many things and put promise in it for nothing but only good people actually stay true to the promises they make.

So when people ask me why I have a tattoo of Promise on my rib cage, you know what I say. I say “well why do you think I got promise on my rib cage” what does that word mean to you? Because it could mean several things like love, hope, friendship, family. Whatever you choose it to be basically. I have the word promise on my rib cage to remind me never to forget. Forget the ones who hurt me, the ones who actually cared and the ones that are still here by my side. Ask yourself what does promise mean to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment