Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"Rap Music" by Regina Pizarro

In my life I’ve come to find that rap music has played a major part in my life. I listen to it when I’m sad, happy, mad. Rap music is poetry in its rarest, rawest form. It comes from ones heart. It flows into your heart, mind, body and soul. The beat reminds me of drums from a Northern Arapaho powwow that I have heard on my reservation so many times before.

The words are of a poet. They come from personal experience, they come from laying your woman down and loving her oh so gentle ( or rough), pain, struggles. They come from ones first love, the streets. It must be appreciated, respected, and understood. Rap music is the epitome of good music.

Theres been times in the world when it has been misunderstood. Although there happens to be some explicit rap music out. People tend to define Rap music as that’s all that music is about. Theres Rap artist’s such as Eminem, Tupac, Ice Cube that has been ridiculed for there music. Although Tupac had a short life,. He has left a huge impression on a lot of peoples lives.

There is a imaginary line between soft rap and hardcore. It has been greatly misunderstood. As I write this paper I want people to have an open mind when they hear the music that came from the streets where I’ve been and lived. Listen to the poetry.

“Bass so deep, I can’t even seem to feel my feet
Times change, but the music it remain’s the same
I hit them with the music from the slave
Oh my goodness, what my ancestor’s gave
They taught me how to reach deep down and touch the
Soul, Without my Music where would I be, You taught
me how to cry and I still remain a “G”………………………..
Music and Me go together in Perfect Harmony………..
-Nate Dogg

Then we have Tupac . He has made a major impression in everybody’s life.
Listen to the poetry in his Rap Music……………………
Come with me, Hail Mary
Run quick see, what do we have here
Now, do you wanna ride or die
La dadeada, lalalala
I ain’t a killer but don’t push me
Revenge is like the sweetest joy to getting pussy
Picture paragraphs unloaded, wise words being quoted
Peeped the weakness in the rap game and sewed it
Bow down, pray to God hoping that hes listening…………………..
-Tupac

These are the words of a great man, a poet. Someone that was misunderstood.
Was it because he was a black man that came from the streets? Or is it because he kept,it real and shared with the world that life is deeper than what people seem to think.

Theres so much that we as people chose to stay closed minded about.I insist that people open their minds, and stop being so judgemental. This is from a child, a young lady, a woman that has lived a life of struggles and pain,from the streets. This is from a woman that does not want pity, she doesn’t want no one go through what she had endured. Very few come back from this kind of life. This is,from a woman that wants people to stop stereotyping people. Stop being so
closeminded…………………………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment