Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"Who Am I?" by Ashley Hurtado

Sometimes people get lost in this big world and forget who they are. They get so

caught up in other things and try to keep up with the pace of life. People keep fighting an

uphill battle with themselves just to be themselves. They think they lose their true

identities in it all, but really nothing ever changes who you are. It’s always been you and

will always be you till the end.


I know me. I know my likes and dislikes, my thoughts and dreams. I know who I

am and where I’m going in this life. I’m a daughter of two hard working parents, who

have always been there to support me and love me with all they have. I’m a granddaughter

to four different individuals, who all came from different backgrounds. Two have since

passed, but with their love left me with a legacy and heritage that I can be proud of and

pass on some day. I’m a older sister to my little brother and a younger sister to my older

siblings. I know I got to grow up in a household full of love and patience. I know I never

went without anything, and that’s a blessing in the world today. I know that I have a

family that will do anything for me, and will always be there.


I know who my true friends are, and who just pretends to be. I know that when

your on top a lot of people want to be around, but when you fall only true friends will be

there to catch you. I know this because of past situations, and who cared enough to be

there or to find out where there was. I know who I can depend on for whatever reasons,

who would drop everything to help me not thinking about what’s in it for them. I know

that I would do the same for these real friends.


1
I know what love is suppose to be like and feel like. The real feeling of loving and

being loved by a man. Having that one person in your life, who can make everything else

seem so small. One of the greatest things a person can ever be fortunate enough to

experience is love. I know I have someone who loves me for me, the real me and not the

me I get so confused in. Someone that will hold me and I will hold them, someone I can

imagine growing old with. I know what love is.


I know how much I have to be thankful for, and how lucky I have been in this life

to experience and feel things that most people never get to. I’m a saint and I’m a sinner,

I’m a loser and I’m a winner, I am steady and unstable, I am young but I am able. I know

just where I stand, its all a part of me, it’s who I am. And now I ask you, “Do you know

who you are?”




“Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment”
-Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment