Saturday, December 4, 2010

"Walking on Sunshine" by Paola Cortes

On a gloomy, gray morning. Sitting at the doorstep waiting for the excitement to show some face. The weather is cold and as the strings of icy winds slap the surfaces of all other objects, I look up at the sky and start to flash back on the good old days worry free of the upcoming days. From this day, forward nothing will be the same all has to change, to have a new motive to continue on living. I have to break free of the chains that have me sink deep within the bottom of my icy heart. I got a mind full of hatred and evil thoughts, it time to get a reality check. There can be no more waiting, no more wanting, but more of make it, wanting it. A completely new reason to have a big bright smile that makes the sun sunshine look more heartwarming and welcoming to bring life. I open my eyes and thought I saw the small puddle smile at me. I look up and there is a rainbow with a long road up ahead, opening a new door. The star that keeps us alive has finally brighten up my heart, with a warm feeling glowing inside my heart I stand up and walk on the sunshine road leading to new horizons up ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment