Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"What a Night!" by Maritsa Gracia-Meza

My cousin and I were going with two brothers, Daniel and Edgardo. One was my boyfriend and the other one was hers. Our dads are really jealous of their older daughter having boyfriends; they don’t let us go and hang out with them or just even talking to them on the phone. It was getting on my nerves: why would we want a boyfriend if we can’t even see them if talk to them.

One day my cousin had a great idea; if our parents don’t let us see them then we are going to see them the hard way without them noticing. My cousin has a big house with three doors to get out of the house one on the front of the house, back and one that takes you to the garage. Her idea was to sleep over and hang out like usual. When it was time to go to sleep, sneak out from the back door and come back in trough the garage door. We had everything planned out, we told boyfriends the idea they loved it.

There was a Quincenera on a Saturday January 15, 2007. My cousin and I love to dance so we decided that was going to be the day to try our plan. The day of the party I asked my parents if I could sleep over at, Erica’s house they said yes I was super happy it was going to be my first time seeing my boyfriend. So I get to my cousin’s house acting like everything is normal, taking about what we were going to wear how we are going to do our hair. We both called the boys to see if they had everything planned out. They both said yes. It was getting dark closer and closer to try our plan. I was nervous and scared. I kept thinking to myself what if my uncle wakes up and sees us going out the door all dressed up. Bad thoughts were running through my head.

It was 10 o’clock p.m. we acted as if we were all sleeping in our pajamas, but we had on our dressy clothing underneath. Me with my short purple dress and Erica with black shorts, a red and white strapless shirt. While we were waiting for the guys to come, I was so scared it was my first time doing something behind my parents back.

Our boyfriends came at eleven o’clock. It was time to do the plan we walked down the stairs tiptoeing really quietly. While going through the back door I tripped and broke a glass cup making lots of noise and while laughing it was not going good. We made it outside safe; we got in the car and drove to the party.

While in the party we were all dancing and having a good time. I totally forgot about the time it was two o’clock. My cousin and I were scared. I asked her “How in the world are we going to get in the house without waking your parents its super late.” We told the guys we need to get home fast. They took us back in a flash. We gave them a good bye kiss and a hug.

I was shivering of how nervous I was. I kept imagining my uncle with his belt just waiting for us to get in the house and yelling at us. Erica tries to open the back door but it was closed which was weird because she took off the lock. I was about to cry, how were we going to get in. All the other doors closed so my cousin was like “The back window is always open lets try and get in through there.” We had no other choose but to clam up a chair and jump through the window. We made it in the house without making any noise. Got to Erica’s room took off our party clothing and put back our pajamas. We were taking how fun it was to be dancing with our boyfriends all night. What I night we had.

It was nine in the morning time to wake up, for some reason I had five missed calls from my dad. Which was weird Erica and me go downstairs all of sudden I see my dad he was all like “What were you thinking? Do you think your uncle is dumb and would not notice you both left.” My dad yelling at me so loud I stated to cry and explained why I did it. He took my phone for two weeks; I could not go out with Erica anymore for a mouth. I learned my lesson, to never leave the house without permission. I never knew how they found out, but now we know why the back door was closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment